June 19, 2019, 10:23:53 am

City Deficit Explodes to Record High

Started by Commie, June 29, 2011, 05:17:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Commie

SW City's economic deficit has hit record highs as the city's productivity levels plummets combined with all of the government taking long term luxurious vacations. The economic slowdown has surpassed the great recession of 2003 in which real estate prices collapsed due to a massive nougat hive being uncovered underneath the city.

One Nimbusian citizen exclaims: "I'm still recovering from the 2003 crash, we don't need this right now! When I drive down main street, all I see are Grey hobos and nougat filth! Where is everyone? Get back to work!"

Analysts predict the city will need to begin borrowing from IIC faction cities such as Zelena to bring it out of this debt.
Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

Dr. Tax, Ph.D

[bad hair]

but

*enjoys luxurious vacation*  [synsuit]  8)  [beer]
Dr. Tax, Ph. D - Mayor of SW City, Governor of Estate District... [synsuit]

Byte:      Baro bo Baro banana for Faro me my mo Maro... BARO!
Baro:      sure, ok

Commie

Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

Hyper Anthony

SW Chris

Alright you bastards. The Mango Party wants to talk to you. [face_angry]
SW City Admin, River District  [face_grin]
Leadership
"The Knights of Good is my intellectual property.  I've trademarked a logo and hope to turn it into a legitimate business someday.  Possibly a delicious breakfast cereal." --Vork

Commie

Quote from: SW Chris on June 29, 2011, 10:23:52 pm
Alright you bastards. The Mango Party wants to talk to you. [face_angry]

Can't, too busy parasailin'!  [face_mischief]
Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

Ferrbuttio

In other news, my new slum lord job has been quite lucrative!  New technology allows me to plug my Palais into a grid fed purely by poorbusian grief!  The nimbusians are nearly as destitute as the average upper middle class nougat, now!  The greater the downturn, the more espresso machines I can run in parallel!

I invite the party members hard working city government staff over for a Pyrokie game hunt with the double barreled mango manglers.

"I rejoice that there are owls\" - Henry David Thoreau

___
<^,^>
[`-']
-"-"-

Dr. Cee Jay PhD

I employed a few nimbusian guest workers to extend the rail line towards Syntax Estates this last week, but sadly the SWC dept of labor stepped in and told me in so many words to pay the workers a living wage. Do to recessional related budget constraints I was unable to do so and the powers that be truncated the line with two rather obscene cacti within sight of some of the famous SE skyscrapers. Next time Ill hire Numbusians that way in lieu of payment ill melt them when their services are no longer needed. All hail the free market.
Jackson Bentley: What attracts you personally to the desert?
T.E. Lawrence: It's clean.

Commie

Quote from: Cee Jay on July 01, 2011, 04:50:06 am
I employed a few nimbusian guest workers to extend the rail line towards Syntax Estates this last week, but sadly the SWC dept of labor stepped in and told me in so many words to pay the workers a living wage. Do to recessional related budget constraints I was unable to do so and the powers that be truncated the line with two rather obscene cacti within sight of some of the famous SE skyscrapers. Next time Ill hire Numbusians that way in lieu of payment ill melt them when their services are no longer needed. All hail the free market.

Next time hire Kyberosobas. They aren't SW City citizens so none of that applies to them. Plus they'll work for anything!
Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

SW Chris

They're also digital and not analog life forms, so they don't have rights anyways.
SW City Admin, River District  [face_grin]
Leadership
"The Knights of Good is my intellectual property.  I've trademarked a logo and hope to turn it into a legitimate business someday.  Possibly a delicious breakfast cereal." --Vork

Hyper Anthony

Dr. Cee Jay PhD

Quote from: Hyper Anthony on July 02, 2011, 12:01:29 am
Why don't we just use whales?

Ah yes. The kill the whales campaign. I thought the funding for that ran out years ago. Though some of the adds are still around town and not peeling off or coated in graffiti.
Jackson Bentley: What attracts you personally to the desert?
T.E. Lawrence: It's clean.