December 05, 2019, 05:15:40 pm

Mauz's Passing

Started by Dr. Tax, Ph.D, May 05, 2011, 11:24:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Tax, Ph.D

It was with great sadness that the news of Mauz's passing on March 16th, 2011 was released to the Activeworlds community this week.  If you had spent any time within in the universe at all in the last 15 years you would have undoubtedly heard her name through any one of her number of involvements in the community which included Mauz's Activeworlds Pages and her famous worlds Hole and Cubed. Mauz also received a Lifetime Achievement CY Award in 2007 for her contributions.

SW City would like to extend their condolences to Mauz's real life family and friends as well as the rest of the AW community who will undoubtedly miss her inworld presence.

Dr. Tax, Ph. D - Mayor of SW City, Governor of Estate District... [synsuit]

Byte:      Baro bo Baro banana for Faro me my mo Maro... BARO!
Baro:      sure, ok

Baro

I've heard of a lot of people dying in AW, none of them I really knew, most I'd never heard of.  This is the first that has actually personally affected me... Mauz was cool.  I didn't know she was old, was she old or was this a rather premature death?  I certainly never saw it coming.
Anyone need any ore???

SW Chris

It was premature. She got sick, then something happened to cause her to die in her sleep and they're not sure what. The tests will be back within the month.
SW City Admin, River District  [face_grin]
Leadership
"The Knights of Good is my intellectual property.  I've trademarked a logo and hope to turn it into a legitimate business someday.  Possibly a delicious breakfast cereal." --Vork

Commie

I kinda feel the same way, Baro. I was pretty shocked at the news  [cry]
Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

Hyper Anthony

Some time after I immigrated, the annual present hunt was held... and that was my first experience in Hole world.  It is a wonderful place... wholly interactive, distinctly unique and extremely creative.  I explored the whole world while hunting for presents and even got to meet Mauz there for the first time.

I was never close to her personally but like so many others, she left a wonderful impression on me and I have fond memories of that. :)

SW Chris

I remember Comit and I (mostly Comit) playing that stupid "What's a Mauz" game with her as kids. ^_^
Leadership
"The Knights of Good is my intellectual property.  I've trademarked a logo and hope to turn it into a legitimate business someday.  Possibly a delicious breakfast cereal." --Vork

Dr. Tax, Ph.D

Yeah Mauz was awesome and I was in shock when I heard of her passing.  I think we should get together and build a Mauz avatar statue somewhere... make a lil' memorial park somewhere in the city.

The avatar itself should be pretty easy to replicate with prims and scale.   Maybe we can do this on the 16th?? That'd be the 15th year anniversary of her citizenship.
Dr. Tax, Ph. D - Mayor of SW City, Governor of Estate District... [synsuit]

Byte:      Baro bo Baro banana for Faro me my mo Maro... BARO!
Baro:      sure, ok

Commie

Quote from: Dr. Tax, Ph.D on May 07, 2011, 01:23:10 am
Yeah Mauz was awesome and I was in shock when I heard of her passing.  I think we should get together and build a Mauz avatar statue somewhere... make a lil' memorial park somewhere in the city.

The avatar itself should be pretty easy to replicate with prims and scale.   Maybe we can do this on the 16th?? That'd be the 15th year anniversary of her citizenship.

A good idea that :D
Any suggested locations?
Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

SW Chris

I can do the 16th.

She's got a build near the baseball park. Perhaps next to that Comit?
Leadership

Commie

Quote from: SW Chris on May 08, 2011, 01:23:15 am
I can do the 16th.

She's got a build near the baseball park. Perhaps next to that Comit?

That's Lara you goof :@
Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

SW Chris

Oh, lol.  I get them confused sometimes.  Hmm.  Did she ever build anything in SW City? 
Leadership

Seiya

Not since Daphne's passing have I been this distraught over the passing of an AW citizen. Even with Mauz, its much more personal for me than it was with Daphne. Mauz was a good friend of mine, someone who I really looked upto even to this day. I will always miss her. I like the idea of you guys building a memorial monument to her, if you need any help with any of that then I would be happy to help. Your all good guys.