October 20, 2019, 05:01:17 pm

CY Awards Voting

Started by Commie, November 07, 2010, 01:14:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Commie

Just a reminder that voting for the CY Awards ends on the 8th. Still time to cast your votes ;)

http://vote.cyawards.com/

You can pick up your login temporary password in Cyawards world if you need it.
Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

Commie

Results of the CY Awards:

Quote1.   Best Build ~ Winner Veger's Mars Central
2.   Best Event ~Winner- SkiRascal for AWReunion
3.   Best Leader ~ winner- Woody.
4.    Best Bot Design and Software ~ Winner ~Hyper Anthony for Ultimate AW User Guide
5.   Best Community or Town ~ Winner~ Class 3 for AWMix07

6.   Best Interactive Game ~ Winner ~ Rozmere for "Weir City: Ryefield Foundation" formerly Rozmere's Gamefest 25 World
7.   Best Presentation ~Winner- Bach Zhaa and CAnn for Spirit Finale
8.   Best Website ~ Winner- Tunablues for http://host.activeworlds.com/awschool/index.html
9.   Best Effect ~ Winner- Bach Zhaa for Spirit Show
10.   Best Environmental Design ~ Nursemom for AWReunion
11.   Best Object Design ~ winner- MaxPoly for his kitchen set
12.   Best World ~ winners- Starheart for Mythopia
13.   Write In ~ Winner~ Starheart for Best Modeller
Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

Ferrbuttio

As you can see, the voter turnout for the CY awards is totally representative of the AW community as a whole.  Yepyep.

"I rejoice that there are owls\" - Henry David Thoreau

___
<^,^>
[`-']
-"-"-

Dr. Tax, Ph.D

Dr. Tax, Ph. D - Mayor of SW City, Governor of Estate District... [synsuit]

Byte:      Baro bo Baro banana for Faro me my mo Maro... BARO!
Baro:      sure, ok

Hyper Anthony

Goober King

Quote from: Ferruruccruio on November 14, 2010, 05:08:54 am
As you can see, the voter turnout for the CY awards is totally representative of the AW community as a whole.  Yepyep.

It's totally representative of the people who still give a shit about the CY Awards. *smirk*

AlexTheMartian

I voted, but I did not go to the ceremony. Out of the winners, the only ones which I also voted for are Hyper Anthony and MaxPoly's kitchen set. Congrats Ant!
- Developing Seawing Island and SWanford University
- Founder of Moonlight Heights, AWTeen (2001-now?).
- Former AWTeen CT (aprox. 2003-2005), and Assistant CT (2007)    

Espilae

Dying community yay!  Absolute shit.  Except Ant of course.
Governor of Shores District
Manager of Eastern Shores
SW City Loremaster

Karu:   http://www.thesisters.org/
Ferruccio:   juuuuuuuuust wondering
Ferruccio:   there HAS to be an element of comedy in this, right?
Ferruccio:   I mean that one guy has boobs as a hat
Tsukasa:   really? *looks*

Absolute Monarch

www.gotabmo.com

Absolute Monarch: :@ @  how you use google images to solve all your arguments
Ferruccio: better than waving my dick around

SW Comit: suuuchh a fight tit
SW Comit: tight fit*

RoadKill

[but] Better Butch Beard Bureau [but]

Seiya

I am kinda with Espilae on this one, I mean I really thought the best build would be between Ferr and Sirqus, but Veger wins? He is good if were still in 2002. Its a sad day when the years best build comes from Mars, especially with all the other great builds *sigh*. I am still pissed about how last year they had two of my builds competing against eachother in the same category which not only is unallowed, but also makes it impossible for me to win. Whatever though, with the exception of Ant and Bach Zhaa winning (Cuz they really deserved it) The rest of the CY awards are basically freedomfuks group of friends who are ignorant about what real building is.

I am not complaing (that much) But it kinda urks me to see them masquerade around like they are the best in show for AW, when really they are mostly modelers and not actual builders, I dunno. Are we as Alpha builders, in the traditional sense of manipulating standard path objects, a dying breed?  [cry]

Ferrbuttio

November 17, 2010, 03:26:44 am #11 Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:28:46 am by Ferruruccruio
It's more representative of the few people who remain interested in the CY Awards, anyway.  Given how small the community is, people put a lot more importance into starting up their own events and awards (like prizes for quests in SWI, or prizes in Anthony's speed builds).  Those who don't contribute that much put all their effort into a rather antiquated award ceremony that doesn't mean much of anything, these days.  I don't care about the CY Awards at all.  If you think a fairer voting system can be made, maybe a different awards ceremony can be made.  The CY Awards are just one of the many events that people can start up with their own initiative, except with little meaning other than a circlejerk among a few friends.

At least the coordination behind the AW Reunion and the speed builds have actually produced something more than the same old voting system.

___
<^,^>
[`-']
-"-"-

Commie

No need to rant, the event is run as fairly as they could make it. If you want to complain, take it out on voter turnout. AFAIK most of the community around this circle don't bother voting, for example :P
Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

Talisan

I didn't nominate or vote this year. Mostly because I forgot it was even coming. I don't even bother to read the AWI forums anymore... which I never would have thought would happen a year ago.
"Curiosity killed the cat, but the cat died satisfied." - John Shipley 10/29/2010

"Twitchy Trigger Finger Syndrome"(TTFS): when you click on something you didn't mean to click on but still do regularly. - John Shipley 12/05/2010

Free Microsoft Developer Software (http://www.dreamspark.com) for Students
Windows 7 Upgrade - $30, MS Office 2010 - $75 (http://www.microsoft.com/student)

Softly (Born:Aug 8, 2003 Died:July 23,2010 Reincarnated:June 6, 2011)

Absolute Monarch

Threads like this setback any chance at some semblance of a community by like 5 years. Good work!
www.gotabmo.com

Absolute Monarch: :@ @  how you use google images to solve all your arguments
Ferruccio: better than waving my dick around

SW Comit: suuuchh a fight tit
SW Comit: tight fit*

Ferrbuttio

Quote from: Commie on November 17, 2010, 04:25:44 am
No need to rant, the event is run as fairly as they could make it. If you want to complain, take it out on voter turnout. AFAIK most of the community around this circle don't bother voting, for example :P

*sigh* was so afraid it would be interpreted that way.  It wasn't a rant in the slightest of sense.  It was just a longer way of saying "If you don't like the CY awards, start up something of your own."  I was affirming the ability for individuals with ideas to create great events, and that the CY awards was one of those events, of which its value is only weighted by how many people care.  I thought that was pretty obvious.

Quote from: Absolute Monarch on November 17, 2010, 05:55:26 am
Threads like this setback any chance at some semblance of a community by like 5 years. Good work!

How does it set back community?

___
<^,^>
[`-']
-"-"-

Goober King

This.

Just like the real elections, if you don't vote (or even nominate, for that matter), then you don't get to bitch about the results. If you want the CY Awards to mean something again, then you gotta rock the vote.

Ferrbuttio

November 17, 2010, 10:13:00 am #17 Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:25:17 am by Ferruruccruio
I voted, and saw the results as strangely contradictory, just like the last several years.  This led me to question the relevance of the CYs in the first place, pointing out that anyone can start up their own award ceremony and garner up enough support to make it into something significant (SupportAW Awards).  For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if the disparity in voter turnout resulted from the amount of exposure the voters got of the CY Awards.  The people responsible for setting it up, surely, can provide updates to people on their contacts list, and word spreads from there.  If I were running the CYs, it would be very easy to respond to an IM'd "how are you" with "I'm just working on setting up the page/world/forum post for the CY Awards!"

However, if people want to keep the CY Awards relevant, maybe a different voting system would be fairer.  As far as I know, the current system is First Past The Post, while I'd be curious to see something like Instant-runoff Voting.  Such a system would work much better, especially with so many possible things to vote for, compared to the size of the population of people.

___
<^,^>
[`-']
-"-"-

Seiya

I was kinda hoping you guys would have joined in with me. ~ Where can a butt hurt builder go to rant and amass an unruly crowd of haters in peace? Dayum! [grumble]

Commie

Quote from: Ferruruccruio on November 17, 2010, 07:33:36 am
...I thought that was pretty obvious.

I didn't quote you, maybe I wasn't directing that statement at anybody specifically? ;)
Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

hicks8

I'm guessing none of you voted for Sevens or I?

Commie

Hoot hoot de doo! LOL

GSK

You do know that it's pretty common knowledge among non-freedomfuks that the awards are rigged, right?

Ferrbuttio

Quote from: GSK on November 18, 2010, 05:08:41 am
You do know that it's pretty common knowledge among non-freedomfuks that the awards are rigged, right?

I might not like the results of the CY's, generally, but I don't see any conclusive evidence supporting that rather outrageous claim O_o

___
<^,^>
[`-']
-"-"-

Commie

Quote from: GSK on November 18, 2010, 05:08:41 am

o.
Hoot hoot de doo! LOL