Author Topic: Seiya, Builder Extraordinaire, has passed away  (Read 3860 times)

Offline SW Chris

• Member of the Knights of the Square Peg in the Round Hole
  • SW City Productions
  • SW City Sewage Cleaner
  • Novel Status: First Draft Complete
    • StormHerald.com - The Personal Website of Christopher Walker
Seiya, Builder Extraordinaire, has passed away
« on: September 15, 2011, 02:51:02 AM »
Today the Universe Immigration Officer was updated by AWI to include the following message:

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Seiya ActiveWorlds user since 2005.   Our condolences go out to her family.

Seiya was actually an AW user since 2001 and became close to several of our family in the SW'ian tribe and even more of our friends over the years, and it really comes as a shock to all of us that this has happened. We don't have any more details, but will share them in the comments if they become available.

Until then, you can leave any messages at the following locations, and I think you'll agree that not only have her building techniques become an indispensible part of our world, but that these sites show beyond a doubt that she's become loved by many, and will be missed by us all.

http://forums.activeworlds.com/showthread.php?t=16056
Memorial Site in Active Worlds: AW 9801.06N 18783.71E 0.13a 90

On a personal note, I helped her out in those early years since 2001 to deal with some issues she struggled with as well as her rejection at the time by the AW community. We've grown distant since then, but I'm already missing her as if we remained close friends. Seiya, I know you're at peace now, and that is what warms my heart in the midst of our loss. God bless.

You can view her collection of works at her Starbuilds teleport center at AW 2530s 4960w.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:54:40 AM by SW Chris »
SW City Admin, River District  [face_grin]
Leadership
"The Knights of Good is my intellectual property.  I've trademarked a logo and hope to turn it into a legitimate business someday.  Possibly a delicious breakfast cereal." —Vork

Offline Baro

• Byte's Boyfriend
  • SW City Productions
  • Submin Worker
  • ok!
Re: Seiya, Builder Extraordinaire, has passed away
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 04:18:35 AM »
Do we have any details on this? Who found out? How did they find out?  How is it confirmed?

Maybe I'm being both harsh and optimistic, but given her history I wouldn't put it past her to report her own death as a way of leaving AW, or due to some weird drama.  I'd much prefer this option!  It doesn't seem in character with how she was when I last saw her on a regular basis though...  maybe I'm in denial?  I just don't have enough information to know what's up.
Anyone need any ore???

Offline Ferrbuttio

• Official Owl Keeper
  • SW City Productions
  • SW City Sewage Cleaner
  • party joke
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 04:25:25 AM »
Do we have any details on this? Who found out? How did they find out?  How is it confirmed?

Maybe I'm being both harsh and optimistic, but given her history I wouldn't put it past her to report her own death as a way of leaving AW, or due to some weird drama.  I'd much prefer this option!  It doesn't seem in character with how she was when I last saw her on a regular basis though...  maybe I'm in denial?  I just don't have enough information to know what's up.

I was thinking the same thing, I guess I was too afraid to say anything.

"I rejoice that there are owls\" - Henry David Thoreau

___
<^,^>
[`-']
-"-"-

Offline Goober King

• Swarmy GI
  • A Fish Out of Lacquer
    • GK Studios
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 08:21:58 AM »
Given her past troubles, I hope against hope that it wasn't suicide. :(

Offline GSK

• Doesn't Wear Wigs
  • Submin Worker
  • President of Crazy Ideas
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:40:04 AM »
Perhaps someone should contact AWI for additional details? Not only so we have more information but so the Wiki has as much information as possible.

Offline Baro

• Byte's Boyfriend
  • SW City Productions
  • Submin Worker
  • ok!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 11:43:44 AM »
That was my top concern too, wiki accuracy.
Anyone need any ore???

Offline GSK

• Doesn't Wear Wigs
  • Submin Worker
  • President of Crazy Ideas
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »
That was my top concern too, wiki accuracy.

It's not my top concern, Baro. Seiya was one of the first people I met when I came to AW in 2001. So this death hit me very hard.

Offline Dr. Tax, Ph.D

• S@M SN@@KS
  • SW City Productions
  • God of the Nougats
  • Shazbot!
    • SW City Website
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 12:04:25 PM »
I'm skeptical as well.  I'd much rather this be a hoax than anything.  If I had some conclusive evidence, not just a simple announcement by AW (how do they know, anyway?), I'd be sold a bit more than I am.

Either way, if it is true it's a great loss.
Dr. Tax, Ph. D - Mayor of SW City, Governor of Estate District... [synsuit]

Byte:      Baro bo Baro banana for Faro me my mo Maro... BARO!
Baro:      sure, ok

Offline SW Chris

• SW City Productions
  • SW City Sewage Cleaner
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 03:08:46 PM »
I have a request into Stacee to find out more information. She had the day off yesterday so she wasn't able to tell me much when I called her. In fact I told her more than she was able to tell me.

But guys, as much as I hope this is just another stunt of Seiya's, I seriously doubt it. She stopped pulling this kind of crap a long time ago (half a decade at least), ever since she left and then came back. Coupled with the fact that AWI has never wrongfully reported the death of one of its citizens, this is enough to convince me it's true. I want to be wrong, though.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:13:05 PM by SW Chris »
Leadership
"The Knights of Good is my intellectual property.  I've trademarked a logo and hope to turn it into a legitimate business someday.  Possibly a delicious breakfast cereal." —Vork

Offline SW Chris

• SW City Productions
  • SW City Sewage Cleaner
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »
I've finally gotten a reply back. AWI learned of the accident when her brother contacted their office after sorting through her belongings and finding out about her involvement with Active Worlds. She was involved in a car accident last month in August and passed away from her injuries afterword. From the frequency of her posts on forums.activeworlds.com, we can surmise that the accident probably happened at the very beginning of August and she passed soon after.

It appears that even though Seiya may have been depressed, she went down fighting. Even though it's a tragic accident, it is extraordinarily heartening to me that she didn't give up.

Any information that you wish to share with the family can be emailed to jp at activeworlds dot com and JP will make sure it is forwarded to them.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:20:35 PM by SW Chris »
Leadership

Offline Dr. Tax, Ph.D

• S@M SN@@KS
  • SW City Productions
  • God of the Nougats
  • Shazbot!
    • SW City Website
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 05:08:57 PM »
:S
Dr. Tax, Ph. D - Mayor of SW City, Governor of Estate District... [synsuit]

Byte:      Baro bo Baro banana for Faro me my mo Maro... BARO!
Baro:      sure, ok

Offline Baro

• Byte's Boyfriend
  • SW City Productions
  • Submin Worker
  • ok!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 11:09:23 PM »
That's pretty sad...  way too many young people die in car crashes, I think it's like the #1 killer of people under 30 or so.  Such an avoidable waste :(
Anyone need any ore???

Offline Dr. Cee Jay PhD

• Builder of Ginormous Things
  • Submin Worker
  • Post No Bills
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 08:03:56 PM »
Accidental death and suicide are the top killers of people under 40. Vaya con Dios Seiya you will be missed.
Jackson Bentley: What attracts you personally to the desert?
T.E. Lawrence: It's clean.